ARIEL'S LEGACY will seek to support the medical research of doctors seeking to develop effective diagnostic techniques to both identify the cause of and continue to improve medical and therapeutic treatments for Bipolar patients. This Includes:
- Funding the development of Awareness Campaigns, clinically based resources and programs that meet the psychosocial needs of children with Bipolar
illness and their families.
- Funding studies of the brain, medication, and studies to detect genetic abnormalities at the earliest stage of development.
- Funding a Chair and Fellowships in pediatric and/or adolescent Bipolar studies.
- Funding satellite communication/teleconference programs, under the supervision of a clinically trained team of doctors, to help primary care physicians in
rural and underserved inner city areas, diagnose and treat mild to moderate cases of pediatric and/or adolescent Bipolar illness.
- Funding a pilot program consisting of a clinically run Residential Treatment Center, followed by a clinically supervised Step Down Program, followed by a
clinically supervised Walk In Program. This three-phased Program would take place in the same geographical area and under the same Director.