Board of Directors, U.S.
Founder & President: Martin S. Tesher, M.D.
Founder, Vice Pres. & Treas.: Lynn E. Tesher
Secretary: Susan Seidel
Arancha Garcia Del Soto, Ph.D.
Paul M. Levesque
Board of Directors, Canada
President: Penny Shore
Vice Pres. & Treas.: Andrew Himel
Paul M. Levesque
Christine Perry, LLB
Lynn E. Tesher
Martin S. Tesher, M.D.
Hon. Advisor: Jenna Kellner
Scientific Advisory Board
- Joseph Biederman, M.D. Chief of the Clinical and Research Programs in
Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Adult ADHD, Massachusetts General
Hospital, Boston, MA Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard University,
- Boris Birmaher, M.D. Director of the Child and Adolescent Anxiety Program
and Co-Director of the Child and Adolescent Bipolar Services at Western
Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
He also serves as the endowed chair in early Onset Bipolar Disease and
Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine,
- Janet Brain, Ed.M. Psycho-Educational Tester and Advisor for Children and
Adolescents, New York, NY
- Kiki Chang, M.D. Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences,
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Child Psychiatry. Director,
Pediatric Bipolar Disorders Clinic and Research Program,, specializing in
pediatric psychopharmacology and the treatment of depression and bipolar
disorder in children and adolescents. Stanford, CA
- Melissa Delbello, M.D. Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Vice-Chair for Clinical Research, Department of Psychiatry and Co-Director,
Division of Bipolar Research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine,
- Rasim Somer Diler, M.D. Medical Director of Child and Adolescent Bipolar Services (In-Cab), Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic , Pittsburgh, PA, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Universoity of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, Consultant and Honorary Professor, The Brain Disease Hospital, Xi’an Jiatong University, Xi’xan, China, Faculty at the Cukuova Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
- Stephen V. Faraone, Ph.D. Director of Medical Genetics Research, SUNY
Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NYProfessor, Departments of Psychiatry
and Neuroscience & Physiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Also
Senior Scientific Advisor, Research Program Pediatric Psychopharmacology,
Massachusette General Hospital, Boston, MA, and lecturer Harvard Medical
School, Cambridge, MA
- Robert Findling, M.D., M.B.A. Professor of Psychiatry (PAR) and Director of
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- Benjamin Goldstein,M.D., Ph.D. Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, and Assistant Professor of Psychiiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsbuurgh, PA. Director, The Center for Youth Bipolar Disorder at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Scientist at Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario
- Daniel Harrah, L.C.S.W. Clinical Director Renaissance Adolescent Services,
Syracuse, UT. Clinical Director Legacy Private School and Residential
Treatment Center, Syracuse, UT
- Edward Hallowell, M.D. Founder of The Hallowell Center for Cognitive and
Emotional Health, Sudbury, MA. Dr. Hallowell also has a center in New York
City. Author of many books, among them are two national bestsellers on ADD,
Driven to Distraction and Answers To Distraction.
- Robert Kowatch, M.D., Ph.D. in Cognition and Neuroscience, Director Pediatric
Mood Disorders Center at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center, and
Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- David J. Miklowitz, Ph.D. Professor of Psychiatry, UCLA Semel Institute, David
Geffen School of Medicina, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Director of Child and
Adolescent Mood Disorders, UCLA Semel Institute, Integrative Study Center
for Mood Disorders, Los Angeles, CA. Senior Clinical Researcher, Department
of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
- Mani Pavuluri, M.D. Director, Pediatric Mood Disorders Program, University of
Illinois at Chicago, Institute for Juvenile Research and Center for Cognitive
Medicine (MC913) both in Chicago, IL. Author of What Works for Bipolar Kids: Help and Hope for Parents.
- Robert M. Post, M.D. Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, George Washington
University, Head, Bipolar Collaborative Network, both in Bethesda. MD.
Author of Treatment of Bipolar Illness: A Casebook for Clinicians and Patients.
- Kim Rubin, M.A. Psychology, M.A. Special Education, B.A. Education,
L.M.S.W., L.P.C.C., N.C.S.P., State Certified Diagnostician, Nationally
Certified Educational Planner, Founder and President, Rubin Educational
Resources, Santa Fe, NM
- Daniel Silver, M.D. Psychiatrist, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario.
Formerly Director of the Walk In and Treatment Center, Mount Sinai
Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
- Gillan Smith, Ph.D. Dean of Advising, Carlbrook School, Halifax, VA.
Formerly Program Director for Turnabout Day Treatment Program, Clinical
Supervisor, Norton Behavioral Health, Adjunct Professor, Clinical Psychology,
University of Alaska, Clinical Director and Therapist, Outback Therapeutic
(Wilderness) Expeditions, Lehi, UT
- Gillian Walker, L.C.S.W. Director, Unique Minds Program, Ackerman Institute And NYU Child Study Center, New York, NY, Senior Faculty Member,
Ackerman Institute for the Family. Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry,
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Timothy E. Wilens, M.D. Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical
School, Cambridge, MA. Senior Staff in Pediatric Psychopharmacology Clinic
and Research Program and Co-Director of the Center for Addiction Medicine at
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. Author of Straight Talk About Psychiatric Medications for Kids.
- Janet Wozniak, M.D. Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical
School, Cambridge, MA. Director, Pediatric Bipolar Clinical and Research
Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. Co-Author of Is Your Child Bipolar?.
- Eric A. Youngstrom, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry and
Associate Director of the Center for Excellence in Research and Treatment of
Bipolar Disorder, both at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
Ariel's Friendship Board
Eden R. Dales
Neli Cristina Rogers